Wednesday, March 11, 2015

DIGITAL BLOG POST #H Chapter 9

DIGITAL BLOG POST #H Chapter 9




When it comes to grabbing the attention of students, I feel like there are so many resources to create this. The 1st that I think of is using PowerPoint. PowerPoint is a type of software that lets you design electronic presentations having a series of pages and slides. Here teachers can get really creative with their slideshows. They can add audio, pictures, even videos. This is usually done with an overhead-projection and a type of transparency sometimes with a slide show with slide. Students and teachers can get really creative with PowerPoint. There is no “wrong” way of using this software. You’ll see that no two PowerPoints are the same. I really liked (and still do use) this program. I can go as extreme with my colors and  font as I want or I can just stay as conservative as I want.


Flickr Credit: garethjmsaunders


When I was in the 4th grade I remember my teacher having a digital projector over-head, I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I felt like my teacher had the privilege of using that  type of machine in the classroom or she won some kind of raffle to use. I’m super weird but yeah I thought that. But anyways I had learned a lot from that cool looking overhead. From reading and learning how to write a proper paper for the FCAT prompt, understanding math lessons, and just having the teacher explain things on the overhead. It helped a lot. I was able to understand math less because the teacher was doing it step by step and I was able to see it for myself. When the teacher was going over the prompts you can see the type of writing people would write and you can see the examples of what was a good prompt and a bad one, it was actually nice to see the right and wrong on writing prompts.

Flickr credit : Nesster


I want to say I didn’t start using this format of technology til I started college. The iPodcast. This has come such a long way from where the ipod started. I was having such hard time with learning science class like Biology or Chemistry, and the funny thing was I love science. Learning the chemicals, mixture of formulas, and the overall of fascination of it. But I had a tough time with it, the teacher would help but I felt like how they were explaining it I couldn't understand it. So I decided I my iPod and it came with this free app already built in it and you can download lectures and videos. It was such a helpful app that I still use it till today and I recommend it to others to use. If there is a way for others to explain it differently this is the way to go. I use it now for listening to my favorite authors lectures or people that have weekend talk shows. Teachers can use this type of technology for their students and have this provided for students. Maybe one students can find it helpful even if another doesn't understand the material.

Flickr credit:  ~kate~


Flickr Credit:  The Daring Librarian

¿Quieres jugar un juego? Entonces, por favor haga clic en y poner a prueba sus conocimientos .










1 comment:

  1. Great Kahoot - my Spanish is very rusty, but had some good guesses. :) And used my Word Lens app to see the translation of your question and invitation to play Kahoot - very clever. :) Super Creative Commons licensed photos to enhance your post and great focus and reflection on your three concepts.

    ReplyDelete