Thursday, March 26, 2015

DIGITAL BLOG POST #J

DIGITAL BLOG POST #J


I definitely think it’s a good idea for students who want to become teachers to have a teacher assessment.  This will allow “supervisors” to assess you on how well you work with students, the environment you're in, and your overall performance. You will still have to go through writing assignments, self-assessments, and observations. It will be hard going through this process thinking, “why do I have to do?” If you really if think about it you don’t do as well your first ( and I’m sure you’ll do great but maybe your nervousness gets the best of you) and you can learn from your mistakes and possibly improve on them. I’m pretty sure the day I have to go through this process I might not be surprised that I would have to do it possibly more time. I’m sure my anxiety will get the best of me. But all in all it’s a learning experience for all of us and I believe that it will do more good than harm if you really think about it.

Flickr credit:  sweenpole2001


A digital teaching portfolio is a great idea! This is the best way for teachers to stay organized about past materials they've used and it’s all convenient for them because it’s online. This is including video, power-points, even papers. I don’t have my portfolio anymore I lost it in high school, but when I was taking education for students, starting as freshmen in school, it definitely helped when I got to be a junior and I was graduating from the program I had looked back on all the projects we had used. The ones that worked and ones that didn't worked. My final project as a Junior was a huge percentage for an overall grade and how well I did in the program so having my past materials was such a big help to me. I was able to study and get a really nice grade for everything I had done. I’m pretty sure I was not the only one because there were 6 other periods of this class every day of every week. You had to sometimes be clever in your teachings if you wanted to stand out. But thank goodness my teacher gave us the best advice for making our portfolio.

Flicker credit:  tengrrl


I am the type of person that I like writing reflections on my day, like what’s going on during the day, how I’m feeling about certain situations. I feel if you don’t take the time to reflect on your experiences you don’t really “learn” from them. You live and you learn that's how I see it at least. I think this is a great opportunity for teachers and students to reflect on their school and teaching experiences. I remember when I was in high school I used to think on how I did things for certain classes, and looking back I think “wow I could have done this or that better.” I happens to the best of us. This can make you a better student or future teacher. You can take all this experiences and use them to make yourself as a student better or make your classroom a better experience and possibly have a good cycle running because of that.

Flickr credit:  ch.weidinger

My cartoon self is having a meltdown... will I survive and face my peers or just run.
(my money is on running, just saying haha :D )

Resources:

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

www.BitStrips.com

Kidd, W., & Czerniawski, G. (2010). Successful teaching 14-19 theory, practice, and reflection. Los Angeles: Sage.












1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah - just a bit of a crazy cartoon you created....but you did develop your thoughts! :) I like the way you continue to reflect and relate back to past experiences in your blog posts. Portfolios are an excellent way to demonstrate your learning and accomplishments - and of course, we'll be doing one in this class as well. Hopefully, you can continue to build upon it as you go through additional classes and as you begin your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete